5 steps to optimize the SEO of your images
Sometimes, when we are working on our website SEO, we don’t pay too much attention to the images we show in our website. With the right image selection and optimizations we can potentially improve the SEO of our website.
How to improve the image positioning?
1. The first step is to optimize the image format. Usually the search engines preferences are JPG or PNG, but sometimes also recognize GIF and BMP, however are not recommended
2. Use a descriptive file name for your image. Avoid names like IMG_213.JPG
3. Use always alternate text (ALT). This is an important HTML tag we always forget
4. Use the right image size (in pixels). Optimize your image with the same size you plan to show in the website. Upload images bigger than necessary is a waste of resources
5. Optimize the image size (in KB) to improve your website performance and your user experience